Everyone Counts - January 25 - 27
JAN. 05, 2022
The Point In Time is a biennial count and survey of people experiencing homelessness on a given night during the last ten days in January. The count provides vital information that helps the County of Orange and the Orange County Continuum of Care better understand homelessness in the community and guides the response to homelessness in Orange County. In 2019, the County of Orange launched Everyone Counts OC to support the effort.
Rotary Club of Placentia
January 05, 2022
In attendance for the weekly meeting at Alta Vista CC of Placentia Kathi, Glenn, Ward, Alice, Jo-Anne, Roy Paul, Tatsu, Nate, Maverick,
ZOOM – Lisa, Craig, Jim,
We kicked things off at 7:00 am with the pledge from Kathi and words of inspiration from Alice.
COMMUNITY REPORT WARD
• City back to work on last Monday
• New Mayor took office, and she is meeting with all Council members to get things rolling
• Downtown renovations top priority
• Already talking about summer programs
• Train Station moving forward slowly
• Fiber Optics Project moving forward
• Road’s project moving forward
• Parks work starting
• We are monitoring Blessing Boxes at McFadden and Kramer
• City App available to report problems from sidewalks to streets and more
CHAMBER NEWS KATHI
• Thanks to all who participated in the busy Wednesday before the holiday. COOKIE DECORATING AND TAMALEFEST!!!!
• Lunch Mob today at Craftsman 11:30-1
• Open House today at Tatsu’s Shop!!! Basic maintenance and food and drinks 5-7pm Thursday
• Grand Opening ribbon cutting Saturday Martial Arts place NEW!!! Next to Gina Marias 11am-1pm
Next week will be monthly evening meeting at Craftsman next Tuesday night.
UPCOMING EVENTS IN DISTRICT PLEASE SIGN UP AT DACDB CAN ATTEND THROUGH ZOOM
From how to use LinkedIn to Marketing and for Club
News Years gift to members!!! Thanks Maverick!
New members Rotary Leadership institute is coming sign up on DACDB
Fine Master WARD
$5 Alice BDay
$5 Maverick finals are over!! Did well…
$10 Elizabeth Family has arrived and left!! Great visit.
$5 Jim Asst Gov. is being announced at Home Club in Mission Viejo next in line as Dist. Gov.
$2 Glenn wonderful Christmas with all the family
$5 Alice for Christmas Eve with family and Christmas day as well!!
$10 Alice Rotary float was beautiful in Roses Parade
$2 Roy for new classic car!!!!
$2 Ward OC housing Authority accomplishments
$6 Lisa retiring in 6 years
$2 Paul OC DA death, neighbor died of cancer
Point in time count coming up. We participated in past and will again. Count of homeless in OC to determine services.
2020 count was canceled as well as 2021 because of COVID
Typically, in Jan-Feb
Everyonecountsoc.org is the website with all the info. Ward has signed up as a team captain and we will join the count.
Will take place over 3 days, Jan 25,26,27. Our “North Spa” (our area) count day will be the 26th. 2 session early Morning 4:30am-8:45am and Evening 6:30pm-11:45pm. Volunteer signup coming.
Simple questionnaire on mobile app used to survey the count
Participants receive a care package with toiletries socks snacks
Also need volunteers to help set up
The raffle winner is; not sure lost contact with meeting!!! Thanks to Elizabeth, this week’s sponsor. 4 WAY TEST – Maverick
MEETING ADJOURNED 8:07